The system can be installed on a bin in as little as 20 minutes thanks to our all-magnetic attachment installation method.
There is no drilling or alteration to the bin in any way—it’s a completely non-intrusive installation!
- The main control unit is magnetically attached to the top of the bin to maximize solar charging of the on-board battery.
- A vibration transducer element is also magnetically installed near the main control unit to generate the vibration profile.
- Vibration sensor nodes are magnetically attached to the outside of the bin.
1. VIBRATE THE BIN
Our approach uses a unique vibration method (patent pending) applied to the bin to determine feed content rather than using a weight-scale.
We activate the transducer element on top of the bin to generate a few-seconds long vibration profile. The vibration is then sensed at the nodes.
Once the vibration profile is completed, data gathered at the nodes is communicated to the main control unit. The vibration at the nodes is different according to the feed content inside the bin. Based on this information, the main control unit makes a feed weight determination.
3. DATA COLLECTION AND TRANSMISSION
The feed inventory information from all bins on a farm is wirelessly transmitted to the farm's cellular gateway unit using a short-range, wireless, local network. The cellular gateway unit then, in turn, relays that information to the cloud via the cellular network.
4. ACTIONABLE DATA AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Once in the cloud, your whole farm feed inventory is available via a web portal, scheduled email reports, texts, and API (for enterprise back-end integration). Data analytics such as feed consumption rate and projections for days-to-empty based on individual houses’ performance are being added as part of our solution.